It’s easy to know that you need to take a vacation, but it’s not always easy to know where to go. Florida should probably be a top contender on your list of possible places to go, and for the following seven reasons.
1) Cultural diversity: Contrary to jokes and satire you might see on television, the state of Florida is not full of golfing retirees and parents lugging kids around Disney’s amusement park. Many cultures of Latin America are represented here and growing, and Native American, European American, Hispanic, Latino, and African American heritages are easy to explore here, not just in people, but also in the cuisine, attractions, and architecture.
2) Disney: Already mentioned, has to be mentioned, and probably famous enough you don’t need to be sold on it again here.
3) Sports: Florida has major cities other than just Miami. Orlando, Tampa Bay, and Jacksonville are all places you can find professional sports venues to enjoy baseball, soccer, lacrosse, basketball, football, and hockey. Are you a fan of collegiate sports? The University of Florida and Florida State University are just the tips of the iceberg of NCAA action.
4) Great weather: It’s true the humidity and heat here can get a little unpleasant in the summer months, but if you look, you’ll see the temperatures and humidity here are actually on par with places as far north as the Canadian border. The trick is to stay close to the coasts where the breezes and cooler air keep things mild. The nice thing is that the whole state is comfortable to visit, even in the middle of winter. You can vacation here anytime.
5) See the sun over water: If you want to see the sun rise over the ocean, visit the Atlantic Coast. If you want to see the sun set over the water, visit the Gulf Coast. If you want to see it do both, stay somewhere in the Keys.
6) Visit more of the world: Florida’s ports are some of the most active cruise ship hubs in the world. Ships sail daily for the greater Caribbean, with some vessels venturing to other continents.
7) See friends and family: Admit it, you know someone who retired here. They get to enjoy this place around the year, and they’d probably love your company. So what are you waiting for?